Dr. Joseph Siano
Dr. Joseph Siano became Superintendent of the Norman Public Schools in August 2000. He took this position after serving as an Assistant Superintendent in the Oklahoma City Public Schools. He has also held the following positions in the Putnam City Public Schools: Assistant Superintendent, Director of Elementary Education, Elementary Principal, and Elementary Assistant Principal.
Dr. Siano received his Bachelor of Science Degree in 1976 from Oklahoma City University, his Master of Science in 1979 from the University of Central Oklahoma, and his Doctor of Philosophy in 1985 from the University of Oklahoma. In addition to his Superintendent certification, he is certified in guidance and counseling, elementary education, and elementary administration.
His professional memberships include American Association of School Administrators (AASA), Cooperative Council for Oklahoma School Administration (CCOSA), Oklahoma Academy for State Goals (OASG), Oklahoma Association of School Administrators (OASA), Oklahoma Association of School Business Officials (OASBO), and United Suburban Schools Association (USSA). As an active community member, Dr. Siano participates in the Norman Public School Foundation, Norman Chamber of Commerce, United Way of Norman (serving as Chair for 2013-2014), Norman Sooner Rotary Club, and Norman Business Association.
Among his career achievements:
- 2003 Superintendent of the Year, Oklahoma Alliance for Arts Education (OAAE)
- 2004 Excellence in Educational Leadership Award, University Council of Educational Administration (UCEA)
- 2005 Administrator of the Year, Oklahoma Music Educators Association (OMEA)
- 2005 Administrator of the Year, OASA District #7
- 2006 Oklahoma Administrator of the Year, OASA
- 2010 Administrator of the Year, OASA District #7
- 2011 Distinguished Alumni Award from the University of Central Oklahoma
- 2011-2012 President-Elect of OASA
- 2012-2013 President of OASA
- 2015 National Ambassador for AASL (American Association of School Librarians)