Dr. Joseph Siano
Dr. Joe Siano became Superintendent of the Norman Public Schools in August 2000. He took this position after serving as an Assistant Superintendent in the Oklahoma City Public Schools.
He had also held positions in the Putnam City Public Schools as an Assistant Superintendent, Director of Elementary Education, Elementary Principal, and Elementary Assistant Principal.He received his Bachelor of Science Degree in 1976 from Oklahoma City University, his Master of Science in 1979 from the University of Central Oklahoma, and his Doctor of Philosophy in 1985 from the University of Oklahoma. In addition to his Superintendent certification, he is certified in guidance and counseling, elementary education, and elementary administration.
His professional memberships include the American Association of School Administrators (AASA), Cooperative Council for Oklahoma School Administration (CCOSA), Oklahoma Academy for State Goals (OASG), Oklahoma Association of School Administrators (OASA), Oklahoma Association of School Business Officials (OASBO), Oklahoma Curriculum Improvement Commission (OCIC), and the United Suburban Schools Association (USSA). As an active community member, Dr. Siano participates in the Norman Public School Foundation, Norman Chamber of Commerce, United Way of Norman, Norman Sooner Rotary Club, and the Norman Business Association. Among his career achievements:
- 2003 Superintendent of the Year, Oklahoma Alliance for Arts Education (OAAE)
- 2004 Excellence in Educational Leadership Award, University Council of Educational Administration (UCEA)
- 2005 Administrator of the Year by the Oklahoma Music Educators Association (OMEA)
- 2005 Administrator of the Year, Oklahoma Association of School Administrators (OASA) District #7
- 2006 Oklahoma Administrator of the Year, Oklahoma Association of School Administrators (OASA)